Most people are ignorant of their bodies as an energy system. We can develop the ability to experience the more subtle energies of life tangibly. We can learn to recognize that our energies do not stop at skin level. Our hands are points in the body with greater sensitivity. We can develop this sensitivity to feel subtle energy emanations from the body, as well as to project them in into the body. It a method of using the hands to direct energies, human and spiritual, to help heal.
Through our hands we learn to sense energy imbalances around and in the body and to project vibrations to help restore balance. We learn to use our hands as a catalyst to stimulate the other individual unto healing himself.
This form of vibrational healing is most effective for Alleviating pain and aches and for general relaxation. If you bump your elbow or scrape your knee, what is usually the first thing you do? Place a hand on it and hold it. It helps alleviate the discomfort. Our hands are natural tools for healing, and everyone has the ability to develop it even further.
When it comes to healing through such a subtle technique, we are often dealing with a person’s belief system. Regardless of tangible results or scientific verification, if a belief is held that no such thing is possible, the task of opening to its realization can be difficult.
Persistence is the key. We must begin to stretch those unused abilities slowly and persistently. If you persist, you will succeed. You are initiating a process that will enable you to know yourself and others more intimately.
To enhance your development, practice with a partner, so that you can get objective feedback. Also learn the ability of relaxed concentration. Trying too hard can block your progress. Learn to meditate and relax the body before the exercises. Perform a short, progressive relaxation. Take a few moments, close your eyes, and breathe deeply from the diaphragm. Focus on each part of your body individually, starting at your feet and working your way to the top of your head. Mentally send warm, relaxing feelings into that area of your body. See it, feel it, imagine it.
The more relaxed you are, the better your concentration will be. The more relaxed you are, the more sensitive you become to the subtle energies you are encountering and working with. Relaxation creates a hyperaesthetic condition. You become hyper-sensitive.
When we are relaxed, in an altered state of consciousness, we experience outside energies more intensely. A phone ringing will seem louder. Smells are stronger. Light and colors are brighter. Touch is more sensitive. Because of this, relaxation assists us in perceiving and directing energies with the hands more effectively.
Feeling and experiencing our subtle energies:
This exercise can be done by yourself, IR with a friend.
1. Begin by taking a seated position and performing a general, progressive relaxation.
2. Rub the palms of the hands together briskly for about fifteen to thirty seconds. Our hands are strong points of sensitivity and we do have minor Chakra centers in them. This rubbing helps Stimulate the chakras in the hands, increasing their overall sensitivity.
3. Extend your hands about a foot to a foot and a half in front of you, the palms facing each other. Hold the hands about two feet apart.
4. Slowly move the hands toward each other. Bring them as close to each other as you can without touching them.
5. Draw them slowly back to about six inches apart. Repeat this slow, in and out movement. Keep your movements slow, steady, and deliberate.
6. As you perform this exercise, pay attention to what your hands are feeling or sensing. You may experience a feeling of pressure building. There may be other sensations. There can be a sense of rubberiness, if tickling, or of a thickness building between the hands. You may experience warmth or coolness. You may even experience a pulsating sensation.
7. Take a few minutes to try and define what you are feeling. Do not worry about whether you are imagining it or not. Do not worry that it may feel different than what others experience. Remember we each have our own unique energy system, and so we each may experience the sensation differently. You are working to develop your own subtle perceptions.
8. Thus exercise assists in developing concentration. It also assists in helping you to recognize that our energy fields do not stop at skin level. You may wish to record in a notebook your impressions and experiences with this exercise, so that you can compare it later with what you experience as you develop further. This will help you to recognize your progress in experiencing subtle energies.
9. The in and out movement of the hands causes the energy surrounding them to accumulate between them, making it more perceptible to us. The hands are becoming more sensitive to the subtle energies. As the hands become more sensitive, we can use them to detect the auric energies emanating from other parts of the body as well. These detections may feel like heat, pressure, tingling, or a thickness building between the hands. You may experience warmth or coolness, or a pulsating sensation. You should be able to feel it. If you cannot, slowly repeat the exercise. We are reawakening our ability to be consciously aware of the subtle energies around us.
Sending and feeling energy patterns:
All energy follows thought. Where ever our thoughts are focused, so are our energy patterns. Our energy adjusts itself in accordance with our thoughts. We go through a wide variety of thoughts and emotions on a daily basis, and those we are repeatedly exposed to or expressing will affect our energies. Exposure to outside energies also can impinge upon our energy fields and affect overall balance. These energies can be anything from anger and lust, to pressure to buy. They can be energies of warmth and friendship, or those of manipulation. The more sensitive we become to our energy fields, the more we can recognize and control what is allowed to affect them.
This exercise works to increase our awareness of how outside energies can impact us. As we increase our sensitivity, we can learn to block the negative and restore healthy energy patterns. We can learn to heal.
1. Make yourself comfortable in a seated position. Take a few minutes to relax. You may wish to keep your eyes closed, but it is not necessary.
2. Hold one hand palm up. Point the index finger of your other hand into the palm of the first. The finger should be three to six inches away from the other hand.
3. Take slow, deep breaths. As you breathe in and out, imagine the energy building and accumulating in the hand with the pointed index finger.
4. After several minutes of this, slowly begin to rotate your index finger in a small circle. Visualize a stream of energy spiralling out from the index finger to create a circle of energy that touches the palm of the open hand. Don’t worry about whether you are imagining it or not, as
we are working to prove that energy does follow thought.
5. Pay attention to what you feel within the palm of the hand. The feeling may vary from person to person. You may feel a circle of warmth forming. A thickness, a pressure, or a tingling in the form of a small circle within the palm of the hand may also be experienced. Sometimes closing your eyes at this point can help you feel the sensation more strongly. ***The more you project and focus the energy with your mind, the stringer the sensation will become.
6. Having worked with the palm of the hand, next perform this exercise upon a naked forearm. Visualize and send the energy out through the finger in spirals of energy to impact upon the forearm. Pay attention to what you feel. With time and practice the kind of sensation you experience will remain much the same, but it’s intensity will increase. Through exercises you begin to train yourself to recognize those feelings which let you know when something is impacting upon your energy field.
7. A powerful variation of this can be practicing with a partner. It is especially important for when we begin to use etheric touch in healing. Have the other person stand with their back to you. Hold your hand (s) about six to twelve inches from your partner’s back, palm open and facing the back.
Begin slow, rhythmic breathing. As you breathe in, feel the energy being drawn through your body and into the hand(s). As you breathe out, visualize and imagine the energy pouring through your hand(s) to the back of your partner. Slowly move the hand(s) in a simple geometric pattern, a circle, a square, a triangle, etc. Draw this energy pattern on your partner’s back with the energy you are directing through your hand(s). Know in your mind that it is being felt by the individual.
Concentrate as you project the energies. Sometimes visualizing the stream of energy as a warm red light will help the partner to sense it more tangibly. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
8. Have your partner try and identify the energy shape being drawn upon them. Pay attention to what they describe and experience. Compare it to what you discovered through the other exercises. What are the similarities? What are the differences? What can you do, or did you do, to make the feelings more intense and identifiable? Switch places and allow your partner to draw patterns on you. Compare the similarities and differences.
9. Gradually increase the distance. How far can you stand from your partner and still experience the energy pattern? Does it feel differently when the distances are extended? Pay attention to the responses. This increases your overall sensitivity to subtle energies and their effects upon you.
10. Experiment with this. Visualize colors streaming from your hands or fingers. Which colors are experienced more distinctly? Place different fragrances on your hands. Are the experiences intensified? What happens when you tone and visualize the tone vibrations flowing through your hands? Learn which methods can be used by you personally to amplify your sensitivity to subtle energies and your ability to direct them consciously.